This evening we went over to Havelock North to our good friend Bob’s place for dinner, hence the very late post this evening. We enjoyed catching up and we also sat and watched a Fleetwood Mac concert on DVD.. I am amazed at how many of the songs I knew of, but never knew were performed by them. Bob likes loud music and I have to agree.. loud music is really the pinnacle of audio bliss.
On returning home I listened to some loud music of my own preference. Fleetwood Mac is all very good and fine because I’m all good listening to music (as long as it’s not Country or Reggae) but my favorite genre by far is anything with loud crashy drums, guitars and (mostly) angry lyrics. I played a few tracks from Garage Days by Metallica which is an album of remakes of (again, mostly) great tracks by other metal themed groups. I also played a bunch of other stuff also. My late evening playlist went something like this..
- Sabbra Cadabra (Metallica – Garage Days – original by Black Sabbath).
- Ace of spades (MotorHead – No sleep till Hammersmith)
- Free speech for the dumb (Metallica – Garage Days – original by Discharge).
- The more I see (Metallica – Garage Days – original by Discharge)
- Kill the words (Dirty Rotten Imbeciles – Thrash zone)
- Angel of death (Slayer – Reign in Blood)
- Te Quiero Puta (Rammstein – Rosenrot)
- Asche Zu Aschel (Rammstein – Herzelied)
- Renegades of Funk (Rage Against The Machine – Renegades)
- Damage Inc (Metallica – Master of Puppets)
- Whiplash (Metallica – Kill Em All)
- Battery (Metallica – Master of Puppets) – love that classical start 😉
- Too Drunk To F**ck (Dead Kennedys – Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death)
- Add It Up (Violent Femmes – The very best of)
- AntiChrist (slayer – Show no mercy)
- Hallowed Point (Slayer – Seasons in the abyss)
- Kill the words (Dirty Rotten Imbeciles – Thrash zone) – A repeat performance just because some words need to be killed.. like the words of toothless politicians who do nothing but fight with vigor to justify their inflated salaries and associated perks of office!
- The more I see (Metallica – Garage Days – original by Discharge) – Another repeat to end with because the more I see.. the less I believe!
- So What! (Metallica – Garage Days – original by The Anti-Nowhere League) – This song totally needs to be played at my funeral (if anyone can be bothered to turn up) 😀
As you can see I like a wide array of angry music and personally I feel that if you are listening to loud music and you try to think of something random (like what color is brown plus purple plus Resene quarter tea) then the music should be so loud that you cannot even possibly hear yourself thinking such blasphemous thoughts 😀
How about you dear readers? What do you like to listen to?
Over the course of the day I also applied three coats of paint to the door between the kitchen and hallway. It is looking very good now but I need to plane a little from the door as it doesn’t close so well seeing as I applied so many coats of paint. I’ll get to that tomorrow 😉
In between waiting for coats of paint to dry I managed to work on Descent. I totally re-coded the shop menu and it is now looking way better than it was previously. The whole thing is much more simple code-wise so that’s good, but at the end of the day I still need to make more graphics.. which means.. more Gimp 😦
What do you think? I really think it;s a vast improvement on the previous shop menu incarnation 🙂
Finally, we had the electricians here today again to finish up their tasks. These two guys (not their fault) turn up with no f**king clue as to what they are supposed to be doing, which seems to be par for the course with this s**tbag company. After our whole giant saga with this s**tty company you would think they would send out their tradesmen with a work plan.. but no.. because ‘Bruce Moroney Electrical’ is just a useless revenue generating ripoff company with no care for their employees and even less care for their customers!
Be warned faithful readers.. there is a gigantic rant coming soon about this hapless bunch of f**ktards 😉